Hypnosis is a naturally occurring state of mind that can also be induced intentionally. It’s been in existence as long as human beings have been in existence. Most people move through various levels of hypnosis during the course of their normal day.
The U.S. government defines hypnosis as:
1. the bypass of the critical factor, and
2. establishment of acceptable selective thinking.
This definition applies well to intentionally induced hypnosis but, like many things from the government, it’s not really obvious what it means just from reading the definition.
The second part about “establishment of acceptable selective thinking” refers to the process of hypnotizing a person using a hypnotic induction. The first part about “bypass of the critical factor” refers to releasing limiting beliefs that make it difficult for an unhypnotized person to make changes to their subconscious mind.
When your critical factor has been bypassed by the establishment of acceptable selective thinking (i.e. when you are hypnotized) you can make very powerful, positive changes to your habits and beliefs that will lead to you making the changes you want to make in your life.
Hypnosis is an optimum state for making changes in your life, and the staff at Northern Lights Hypnosis will use the most effective, up-to-date methods to help you make the changes you want to make. Call us today at 603.672.0299 to talk about how hypnosis will help you.
Many people think primarily of weight control and smoking when it comes to applications for hypnosis, but the truth it that it can be used for many other things, too.
Here’s just a partial list of what hypnosis can do for you:
- Become free from addictions, including alcohol and drugs
- Conquer fears and phobias like fears of insects, claustrophobia, fear of flying, fear of heights, fear of public speaking, etc.
- Eliminate bad habits, including procrastination, nail biting, hair pulling, etc.
- Improve your personal relationships.
- Deal with issues involving abuse.
- Control your stress.
- Improve performance in academics, including improving memory & creativity, better study habits, and eliminating test anxiety.
- Increase your motivation.
- Improve your communication skills.
- Manage chronic or acute pain, including having pain-free childbirth and/or dentistry.
- Eliminate sexual problems.
- Overcome shyness.
- Breast enlargement.
- Boost your self-confidence.
- Much, much more!
The advanced 5-PATH® hypnotherapy system used at Northern Lights Hypnosis lets us deal with a wide range of client needs using a modern, proven system that gets lasting results quickly. Call 603.672.0299 today to talk about how hypnosis will help you make the changes you want to make, whether or not it’s on this list.
Hypnosis is the fastest, most effective way to make lasting changes in your life, and the 5-PATH® hypnosis system used at Northern Lights Hypnosis is the most powerful method of hypnosis we’ve found.
Too often people turn to hypnosis as a “last resort” after having tried many other things and then they comment that they wish they’d started with hypnosis. It’s an effective tool that’s helped millions of people make powerful changes and regain control of their lives.
You are here because you want to make changes in your life. Maybe you’ve tried other things, or maybe you’re looking at hypnosis first. Maybe you found us on your own, or maybe you were referred to us by someone who cares about you and knows that hypnosis works. Regardless of the circumstances that led you here, ask yourself these questions:
If not this, then what?
If not now, then when?
It’s your choice to either continue to live with the limitations you’ve been trying to get rid of or to break free of those limitations with hypnosis. We are ready to help you when you are ready to be helped. Call Northern Lights Hypnosis at 603.672.0299 today to talk to a Certified Consulting Hypnotist about the changes you want to make and how we will help you.
Of course you can be hypnotized! If you want to be hypnotized and you can follow simple directions from your hypnotist, you can easily be hypnotized. In fact, you’ve probably been through various levels of hypnosis on and off most days of your life.
If you’ve ever gotten sad or upset or angry or if you’ve cried while watching a movie or reading a book, you’ve experienced hypnosis. Your conscious mind knows that it’s not real — it’s just a story on paper, or it’s actors and directors and camera people and sound people working on film. But your critical factor has been bypassed and your subconscious mind is being accessed directly to create the emotions you feel, despite your conscious mind knowing that it’s “not really happening.”
If you’ve ever been driving a car and suddenly discovered that you’ve passed your turn or you don’t remember the past several miles of driving, you’ve experienced hypnosis. Your conscious mind was “on hold” doing one thing and your subconscious was being accessed directly.
How about being “in the zone” while participating in some activity or working? If you’ve ever “been in the zone” and had everything clicking perfectly with what seemed to be little or no thought or effort on your part, you’ve been in hypnosis. Again, the subconscious mind was running the show while the conscious mind took a little break.
It doesn’t matter whether you think you have a “strong mind” or a “weak mind” or whether you may sometimes have difficulty relaxing or concentrating. If you’re a normal adult, teenager, or child who wants to be hypnotized and you can follow directions, you can be hypnotized.
You cannot be hypnotized against your will or made to do things you don’t want to do. But if you want to be hypnotized and you want to make changes in your life, then the staff at Northern Lights Hypnosis will make that happen easily and quickly. Call us today at 603.672.0299 to talk about how we will do that.
Hypnosis is completely safe.
Hypnosis is a naturally occurring state of mind that we cycle in and out of while we’re awake. Being hypnotized is normal and natural for humans.
You can’t get “stuck in hypnosis.” If a hypnotist were to coach you into a deep trance and then simply walk away, you’d get bored and either emerge yourself from hypnosis or fall into normal sleep.
The use of hypnosis was approved by the American Medical Association in 1958 and it was recognized as a science by the American Psychological Association in 1960. The British Medical Association approved the use of hypnosis in 1955 and the Roman Catholic Church endorsed the use of hypnosis both in 1847 and again in 1956.
Our staff is trained to make sure you will have a safe, enjoyable experience at Northern Lights Hypnosis. Call 603.672.0299 today to talk about how hypnosis will help you succeed with the changes you want to make.
You are always in control when you are hypnotized.
Forget what you’ve seen about hypnosis in the movies. That’s fiction created for entertainment, not reality. Hypnosis isn’t “mind control.” You cannot be made to do anything you don’t want to do in hypnosis. It’s also not any kind of “truth serum.” People can and do tell untruths while hypnotized. You are always in control of what you do and say. In fact, hypnosis gives you better control of your mind and body than you would normally have due to your focused attention.
Perhaps you’ve seen people at stage hypnosis shows doing things that you would find embarrassing. Again, that’s entertainment and those people are still in control of what they’re doing. If the stage hypnotist asked them to do something that went beyond their personal comfort zone, they’d simply refuse or they’d emerge themselves from hypnosis altogether.
Therapeutic hypnosis is very different from stage hypnosis. When you are at Northern Lights Hypnosis we work together to make positive changes for you and you will not be asked to do anything embarrassing or useless or anything that doesn’t contribute toward reaching your goals.
Call Northern Lights Hypnosis at 603.672.0299 today to have a Board Certified Hypnotist answer all your questions about hypnosis.
Hypnosis at our office generally feels like you’re sitting in a comfortable recliner with your eyes closed — nothing particularly unusual.
It doesn’t feel like you’re asleep. You’re fully conscious and aware of sounds in the room, feelings, sensations, thoughts, and everything else you’d normally be aware of if you were sitting in a chair with your eyes closed.
Some people say that they feel light and “floaty” when hypnotized. Others say they feel heavy and warm. The most common sensation reported by Northern Lights Hypnosis clients is one of deep relaxation and comfort.
Call Northern Lights Hypnosis at 603.672.0299 today to talk to a Certified Consulting Hypnotist about hypnosis and how it will help you make the changes you want to make.
The individual hypnosis sessions at Northern Lights Hypnosis usually last 75 to 90 minutes, though they may sometimes run as long as two hours. Double sessions are available on a limited basis for clients who prefer having two sessions back-to-back.
The advanced 5-PATH® hypnosis system we use is the most effective way we’ve found to get lasting results for our clients. 5-PATH® deals with the immediate problem, the underlying causes of the problem, and any other peripheral issues around the problem that might cause it to come back. The 5-PATH® system usually takes between four and six sessions to completely deal with the problem in the most effective manner, though some issues may take as few as two sessions and in rare cases some may take more than six sessions.
Call Northern Lights Hypnosis at 603.672.0299 today to talk to a Certified Consulting Hypnotist about the changes you want to make and discuss the best path to your success.
Call Northern Lights Hypnosis at 603.672.0299 today to talk to a Board Certified Hypnotist about the changes you want to make and schedule your appointment.
Why choose Northern Lights Hypnosis? In a word: RESULTS!
Everything we do is designed to give you the fastest, easiest, and longest lasting results.
- Modern induction methods
- We use hypnotic inductions that quickly guide you to an effective level of hypnosis. These methods let our clients achieve deep hypnosis in times ranging from 5 seconds to 3 minutes so we can spend more session time working on the actual issues you want to address. Compare this with the old progressive relaxation hypnotic inductions still used by many hypnotists. Those can take up half the session time just getting you to a workable level of hypnosis! We know that you want to make changes quickly and we don’t waste your time with old fashioned inductions that take too long to work.
- You will know you’ve been hypnotized
- We make it a point to ensure that clients know both during and after the session that they’ve reached deep hypnosis. Many hypnotists don’t do this, and we feel that it can lessen the results if their clients have doubts that they were hypnotized. Since hypnosis works with your subconscious, if you have doubts that you were hypnotized, your subconscious mind is going to accept those doubts and that could limit the effectiveness of your hypnosis sessions. At Northern Lights Hypnosis we avoid this potential problem by making sure that every client knows for certain that they have achieved deep hypnosis.
- Highly trained Certified Consulting Hypnotist
- When you visit Northern Lights Hypnosis you will work with a highly trained Master Hypnotist who is Board Certified by the National Guild of Hypnotists and maintains annual re-certification through NGH. You won’t find any so-called “Dr. of Hypnosis” claims (there are no hypnosis doctor or advanced college degree programs in the U.S. that are accredited by any recognized accrediting body) or anything like that. Instead you’ll find solid, professional skills and nationally and internationally recognized certification. Your hypnotist is trained in the advanced 5-PATH® hypnosis system and also a 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® instructor and a member in good standing of the International Association of Hypnosis Professionals.
- The 5-PATH® advanced hypnosis system
- Traditional direct suggestion hypnotism and visualization techniques are effective, but limited. 5-PATH® starts with the traditional methods and then greatly expands them to include finding the cause of the problem and eliminating it, finding any issues that may be supporting the problem and eliminating them, and finally dealing with any secondary gain conflicts before they might make the problem come back. The 5-PATH® system is the fastest, most effective way we know of to give you long-term success in making the changes you want to make.
- The 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® system
- To paraphrase an old metaphor, 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® extends the “giving you a fish” that you’ll get with 5-PATH® by “teaching you to fish” too. 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® has been described as being like “anti-virus software for the mind.” It’s the first holistic mind/body/spirit self-hypnosis system in the world. First it removes old limiting beliefs and habits that are getting in the way of your success and happiness. Once that phase is complete, then you use the system to make just about any improvement you want to make in your life. We teach 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® at Northern Lights Hypnosis because it works simultaneously with the mind, the body, and the spirit and it’s the most effective self-hypnosis system we’ve found.
- A safe, comfortable, professional environment
- Everything at Northern Lights Hypnosis is designed to give you the best possible results, including our office environment. We are located in a professional building, along with other health practitioners. It’s easy to find and has ample parking that’s well-lit at night. The hypnosis office itself is comfortable and professional. We’ve done everything we can to give you an optimum environment where you can succeed with hypnosis.
Call Northern Lights Hypnosis at 603.672.0299 today to talk to a Certified Consulting Hypnotist about how we can help you succeed in making the life changes you want to make.